This particular recipe is a delightful vegan variation of the much loved classic - Eggs Benedict. It is a perfect way to start the morning, so let's begin:
- 225g block of firm drained tofu
- 2 breakfast muffins or bagels
- 115g vegan mayo
- 70g mojo fajita (but you can change this for your favourite flavour)
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- Handful of chives
- Handful of cress
- Seasoning - Salt and Pepper
Serves: 1-2 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty: 3/10 | GFO: With gluten-free bread.
- To start put the vegan mayo and mojo fajita into a bowl and mix together.
- Cover the sauce with cling film and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Cut the tofu into a round shape using an 8cm (3in) cutter or glass if you don't have one and then pat the tofu dry.
- Add the oil to the pan on a medium heat, then pan fry the tofu for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- When golden on each side, season the tofu to your liking.
- Set the tofu to one side.
- Add more oil to the pan, increasing heat from medium-high and finally adding the spinach.
- Cook the spinach until it starts to wilt and add more seasoning if desired. If there is excess water drain as necessary
- Toast the muffins/bagels and add the spinach and tofu slices. Pop a few sliced cherry tomatoes on the side for extra flavour
- Top with a generous serving of the mayo/fajita sauce
- Finally, add some chopped chives and cress for garnish!
~ Que lo disfrutes ~