we bring one of our most traditional dishes of the Canary Islands, Papas Arrugadas (the wrinkled potatoes), super simple to prepare if you know your little trick.
Serves: 2 - 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1kg Baby Potatoes or Small new potatoes.
- 400gr Coarse Salt.
- Wash the potatoes and remove the sprouts if they have them.
- Place in a large bottom casserole so that it does not remain in several layers and pour cold water to cover them.
- Add the coarse salt and cover the casserole. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes over high heat.
- Once the time has passed, with the help of a fork we check that the potatoes are cooked, in case it is not already done, we give it 5 more minutes of cooking.
- Remove the casserole from the heat and, without uncovering it, discard the water.
- Replace it on medium heat without the lid and move the pan so that the skin of the potatoes dries and wrinkles, creating a whitish layer of salt on the outside.
- Very important, once the potatoes are cooked, we will leave it uncovered, because if we cover it with the heat of the potatoes and the pan, the potatoes will sweat and lose the salt of the skin.
- It is traditionally served with the Mojos Red Pepper (Red Mojo) and Coriander Jalapeño (Green Mojo), but you can enjoy it with your favourite mojos.